Anniversaries are great occasions to celebrate togetherness and conveying your loved ones the worth and importance they have in your lives. Organizing a perfect, memorable and phenomenal anniversary party is a challenging and daunting endeavor since you need to look into a number of aspects to ensure that every detail is covered and nothing is left out.
Everyone goes through a lot of dilemma and difficulties while planning and hosting an anniversary party for their loved ones.
With a view to assist our readers in hosting the perfect anniversary party for their loved ones, we have brought forward this blog that will familiarize you with some of the best tips for hosting the perfect anniversary party.
Top Tips for Hosting the Perfect Anniversary Party
We will now bring forth the list of some of the best tips for hosting the perfect anniversary party:
1. Pick a Date and Time for the Party: One of the major initial steps for hosting the perfect anniversary party is to pick a date and time for the party. You must check the calendar and check the couple’s schedule to determine the date and time that is most favorable to host the party.
You must pick a date and time when both the couple and your guests are likely to be available and must also check the availability of a venue when picking up a date and time.
2. Create your Guest List/Determine your Guest Size: It is wise to frame your guest list well in advance and arrive at an approximate guest size at the beginning since your guest size will dictate the choice of venue and other aspects.
3. Decide a Budget for the Event: You must decide a budget for the event at the initial stage to avoid any additional expenses. Decide the amount you wish to spend on hosting the anniversary party and assign amounts wisely to the different areas such as decorations, food, venue, etc to ensure saving on unnecessary expenses and hosting the event within a set budget.
4. Identify Your Style and Preferences/Create an Anniversary Folder: Before you pick up your phone and start calling prospects, you must determine your style, tastes, and preferences. You can consider creating an anniversary folder adding images of the designs, patterns, color schemes, food, textures, etc that delight and impress you.
Analyze different websites, fashion magazines, and catalogs to identify your style and preferences. This must be one of your initial steps in identifying the styles and designs that impress you will help you approach the vendors that match your style and preferences.
5. Hire Event Planners: Hiring an event planner for hosting your anniversary party is also an excellent option since event planners since they are equipped with the expertise and experience for making the party emerge memorable, grand and magnificent.
Event planners can help you save enormous expenses and time since they will suggest you the most economical options and can get you attractive offers, deals, and discounts through their well-established relationships with the vendors. Contrarily, you run the risk of being overcharged for services when you approach different vendors individually that can tremendously push up your event costs.
Through their expertise and tremendous experience, event planners blend the right elements together to host a memorable, magnificent and perfect party for their clients.
6. Create an Event Checklist: You must create a checklist listing all tasks and activities that need to be undertaken for hosting a memorable and perfect anniversary party along with a schedule specifying the time when each task needs to be completed.
Maintaining a checklist of the event ‘to-do’ items will ensure that every detail is covered and nothing gets left out or omitted. Reviewing the checklist consistently will also help to track the progress of your event activities.
7. Scout and Book Locations: Perform an online research to find venues that match your preferences, budgetary constraints, style, date and time, etc. Visit different venues to see what facilities and amenities they are equipped with, whether they are available on the desired date and time and whether their interiors match your preferences.
Visiting different venues will help you finalize a venue that matches your preferences and style. Book your desired venue well in advance, as otherwise, getting late will leave you with limited options and you may not be able to find a venue as per your preferences.
8. Scout Vendors and Hold Meetings: You must look out vendors for different services by analyzing websites of different vendors and examining their portfolios to arrive at a final list of prospective vendors with whom you can move ahead.
Call different vendors you wish to move ahead with and hold meetings with them one at a time to examine their personalities and judge their services.
When meeting each vendor, ask them questions about the type of services they deliver, their previous experience, ask them testimonials/previous clients they have serviced, examine their portfolios to see whether they match your expectations, analyze their body language and speaking tone to see whether they look reliable, organized and client-friendly.
Meeting different vendors will help you better judge their services and personalities to ensure picking the right vendors for different services.
9. Send out Invites: Create your custom party invites or purchase pre-printed invitations from the market and add all the necessary details including the date, time and theme of the event.
10. Book Vendors/Enter into Formal Contracts with Vendors: You must book different vendors well in advance to ensure that you get the vendors that match your style and preferences.
Call testimonials and past clients of each vendor to gather reviews and feedback of each vendor’s services. Compare different vendors on the basis of their services, prices, packages, formal proposals and testimonials’ feedback to pick the right vendors for each service.
Make sure to enter into a professional contract with each vendor since that will govern the working terms and conditions.
11. Get the Menu Right: You must connect with your caterer and ask him/her what items their chefs can incorporate to serve food that will delight the guests as well as fit your catering budget.
Design a menu taking into consideration popularity trends, tastes, and preferences of the couple and guests and the theme of the party. You can consider going ahead with buffet style or plated meals. Make sure to delight your guests with delicious appetizers, snacks, and drinks before the main course meal. It is wise to delight the couple and guests with mouth-watering cuisines, beverages, and a themed anniversary cake to keep them enthralled and entertained.
12. Plan the Decorations for the Party: You must connect with your vendors to advise you the best decor, lighting, and seating options to host the perfect anniversary party for your loved ones.
You can consider opting simple decors such as flowers, candles, electric bulbs and lights, pendant lights, confetti, impressive tablecloths, vases, centerpieces, fixtures, chandeliers, balloons, stars, lasers, LED lights, etc or may choose to elaborate by opting for a themed party.
Coordinate with your vendor to blend the perfect decor options together to host a memorable and phenomenal anniversary party.
13. Plan the Music for the Party: Create your playlist incorporating some of the best party songs, numbers, and beats that will enrich the mood, feel and ambiance of the party and invite the guests to the dance floor.
Incorporate some of the best party and romantic numbers, background tunes and beats that will enthrall and entertain the guests. Share your playlist with your DJ/band well in advance.
14. Plan out the Entertainment and Fun Activities: You can consider adding the fun, excitement and humor elements to the party by hosting dance and singing contests, playing games such as dumb charades, musical chairs, ‘Guess the Tune’, ‘Guess Who’, etc or incorporate comedy, dance, singing, and acting performances into the party.
Ask your close friends and relatives to prepare and deliver live solo and group dance, singing, comedy and acting performances at the party.
Incorporating games, entertainment, and fun activities for the party will help to enthrall and entertain the guests while also enriching the mood, feel and aura of the party.
15. Communicate and Follow Up Regularly and Track Progress: You must coordinate with all stakeholders and vendors from the starting till the final event date to ensure that they deliver their services reliably at the required date, time and venue.
Communicate any changes that you may require in your decors, food or music and dance floor set up effectively and concisely to your vendors and you must follow-up with them regularly to ensure that everything proceeds smoothly.
Review your event checklist and track the progress of all the tasks and activities routinely to ensure hosting a memorable and perfect anniversary party.
Conclusion: We hope that this blog will definitely familiarize you with some of the best tips for organizing a perfect anniversary party.