Hosting a remarkable, splendid and memorable fresher party is a daunting task since it requires careful planning and conceptualization. A fresher party is one of those euphoric events that every college student zestfully waits for, therefore, one needs to carefully plan out everything to make the fresher party an unforgettable and awesome experience for the newbies.
Through this blog, we will familiarize you with some of the best tips for organizing a fresher party for the newbies of the college.
Top 7 Tips to Organize a Fresher Party
We will now bring forth the list of the Top 7 tips for organizing a fresher party for the newbies of the college:
- Decide the Theme for the Party: Theme-based parties add the elements of fun and extravagance to the party. Consider picking a theme that matches your country, fashion, fresher games and other aspects including food, snacks, and music. You will have the option of picking from a plenty of themes including Bollywood-style, Hollywood-style, Harry Potter, Retro, Halloween, Fantasy, disco-style, destination themes, etc. Picking the right theme is important since it will influence other aspects such as food, beverages, music style, decorations, etc. Consider picking a theme that matches the tastes and preferences of your batch and the newbies of the college.
- Give a Name to the Party: Conventional taglines appear boring and monotonous, therefore, you must look for catchy and trendy taglines that best describe the party theme and what all the newbies can expect from the party. Consider promoting the fresher party event on social media channels such as Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Pick a Venue for the Party: Picking a venue is one of the crucial choices one has to make to ensure that the party emerges memorable and phenomenal. You need to figure out the total guest size to be able to decide the right venue for the fresher party. Pick a venue that holds the potential to make the fresher party an unforgettable and awesome experience for the newbies. You can consider picking unconventional venues such as beachside, poolside parties, lake, etc or pick more conventional themes such as hotels, restaurants, pubs, disco, lounge, etc. Consider the interiors and beauty of the venue before selecting and booking any venue for the fresher party.
- Create Titles and Contests: Planning titles and contests is an important aspect when it comes to hosting a fresher party. Titles and contests boost up the competitive spirit and maintain interest and fun in the party. Consider planning titles such as the ‘Best Dressed’, ‘Mr. Fresher’, ‘Ms. Fresher’, ‘Best Personality’, ‘Best Dancer’, ‘Most Talented’, etc. Plan out the contests on the basis of which you will assign the titles. You can hold contests such as modeling contest, quiz contest, dance and singing contests, etc and include a set of questions for judging the contestants. Make sure to inform the newbies well in advance about all the contests, the details of the contests and announce the registration closing and ending dates to ensure timely registrations and provide the newbies enough time for preparation. Plan out the gifts you will distribute to the winners of the contest along with the sashes. Consider giving useful items as gifts such as parker pen, edible items, beauty products, etc that fits your budget.
- Plan out the Fresher Party Games: You must plan out the games and activities that will serve to add the fun and humor element to the party. Consider incorporating games such as ‘Dumb Charades’, ‘Musical Chairs’, ‘Smash the Buzzer’, ‘Name that Tune’, ‘Reverse Charades’, ‘Scoop Up’, ‘Guess who?’, etc. You can also plan out activities such as quiz contests, ramp walks, etc. to make the party memorable and add the element of fun and humor to the party.
- Prepare Performances and Plan Activities for the Party: Plan and prepare the performances you will use to keep the newbies entertained. Consider opting for performances and activities that will serve to add the humor element to the party and keep the atmosphere light and funny. Consider incorporating solo and group dance and singing performances, comedy performances/stand-up comedians, acting performances, and role plays, etc to keep the newbies enthralled to the party. Pick a person who will be responsible for hosting the party.
- Decide the Food and Beverage Menu: Your choice of menu will be greatly impacted by the theme you pick for the party. You need to also consider your budget to see which food and beverage items can be incorporated into your menu. Opt for cuisines and beverages taking into consideration the tastes and interests of the guests. Some of the safe bets include sandwiches, finger foods, burgers, cookies and cupcakes, pretzels, etc. Avoid including alcoholic drinks in your menu and opt for options such as mocktails, coffee, soft drinks, etc.
- Set the mood of the party with Lighting and Decors: Your choice of party decors will vary greatly according to the party theme and your budget. Consider opting less expensive items such as floral pattern decors, balloons, confetti, flower vases, inflated helium balloons, strobe lights, a fog machine, disco ball pinatas, impressive tablecloths, drapes, streamers, etc. You must be careful while deciding the lighting options and pick the ones that will serve to set the mood of the party and enrich the ambiance of the party. The choice of lighting you make will depend greatly on your party budget. LED lights, lasers, pendant lights, electric candles, etc are some of the economical lighting options that you can consider incorporating into your party.
- Create a Playlist, Plan the Music and Dance Floor Set Up: Create a playlist and add some of the best party songs, western music, and background music tunes to keep the guests enthralled and entertained. Deciding the right music is absolutely crucial to set the mood for the party and make it extravagant, enjoyable and memorable for the guests. Design a playlist incorporating some of the best tunes that will make your guests rock the dance floor. Further, you need to decide your music setup whose choice will vary according to the budget for the party. You can opt for a DJ setup if your budget allows or alternatively opt for Flash Player if considering a low-budget option.
- Plan the Return Gifts: Plan the gifts or party favors that you will distribute to the newbies at the end of the party. Giving return gifts is a special gesture that will help appreciate each newbie’s presence. Plan out the return gifts considering your budget and opt for lucky charms or other special items that serve to boost the morale of the newbies.
- Plan to develop a Comfort Level with the Newbies: You must plan about how your batch will establish a comfort level with the newbies that may include activities such as funny introductions, etc.
Conclusion: We hope that going through this blog will definitely familiarize you with some of the best tips to organize a fresher party.